Senior Software Developer
August 2018 - present
Senior Consultant at Andela Kenya
Software Developer / Ops / DBA
Central Bank of Kenya
March, 2015 - July, 2018
Software Developer, Ops & DBA at the Central Bank of Kenya.
Lead Developer on over 7 production systems (incl. internal) at the Bank.
Lead Developer: CBK Recruitment platform:
- Sytems: Internship, Careers and Exams Systems
- Internship, Careers: Seamless registration, application, docs+profile mgt
- Exams: (Auto) invigilation, timing, grading, reporting and administration
- Custom-built bulk & transactional mailer: email verification, notifications and exam alerts
- HR Backend: LDAP integration, built-in dynamic report generation, search capabilities & long-listing
- Work closely with the recruitment team on meeting functional needs in an agile development approach
- Technical Lead - New CBK Website project:
- Worked with stakeholders and consulting developers to meet the Bank’s needs.
- Organized and facilitated technical and user acceptance testing.
- Won Central Banking’s Central Bank Website of the Year 2016
- Built an applications and infrastructure monitoring tool in use to monitor services and uptime. [go]
- Work with other teams internally on various software projects relating to the core banking system.
- Ops: Bash backup and shipping scripts of specific apps and databases
- Ops: Bash scripting of uptime service checks and log analysis on older servers and AIX (Unix) server apps
- Ops: Dockerizing & managing docker container services on Linux boxes
- Ops: Nginx configuration - TLS termination, load balancing, reverse proxy, http security headers
- DBA: Oracle DBs administration (DBAs Team Member)
- Admin: World Bank PAT2 Administration and Support
- Admin: IBM Websphere Administration and Support
- T24 COB Administrator, and T24 Support (6 months)
- IT Service Desk - User Support (6 months)
NSE Historical Data API
ACTIVE: Aug 2012 - Mar 2015
Nairobi Stocks Exchange API (See Docs) for End-Of-Day historical Data.
Manga Downloader & Archiver (post).
Nanga PHP MVC Framework
Wrote the Nanga PHP framework: Used PHP 5's Object Oriented features to implement an light MVC framework that borrowed concepts from Yii, and Django. Used of most freelance projects and personal dev.
BAKE - Founding Member
One of the founding members of BAKE (Bloggers Association of Kenya).
Created Blogs_Kenya & News_Kenya Twitter Handles
Created the Blogs_Kenya twitter handle to feature Kenyan bloggers
Created the News_Kenya twitter handle for curated news from local media houses
Setup my first domain name (theonlinekenyan.com), started freelance webdev gigs - mostly Wordpress & Joomla installs.
You can view my LinkedIn profile for information or to connect with me.